Friday, May 24, 2013

My (Our) Newest Love

On April 26, our family was blessed with the safe arrival of Baby Henry.  I can't believe that at this time four weeks ago he was still in my belly, and after having mild, sporadic contractions all day was by this point pretty sure that I was in labor.  Two hours later I was definitely sure, and by 10 pm that night I would be holding my newly born second son in my arms and my heart felt like it would burst with joy.  Four weeks later, I am still overcome by how much God has blessed our family with this little man.  Maybe you can see why I adore him so much:

Although only four weeks old, I am certain that he has smiled at me and in response to me!  And yes, I'm sure every mother has made this claim. 
 
I'm ready for my nap!
I love love love his soft, newborn baby skin!  As you can probably see in this picture, his face still has a yellow tint to it - remnants of the bilirubin that caused his severe jaundice at birth.  (That's a story for another day).
 
I'm not the only one who's smitten with this little guy...
Exhibit A:



Yes, we love kissing his face!
 
Exhibit B:


Charlie is "sweeping" (sleeping) in this one.  Very convincing, right?  : )

On a side note, when taking the above photos earlier today, I was reminded once again of how Charlie is no longer "the little man" in our house.  I have to admit, I shed a few tears in the first week after Henry being born over how big Charlie is now.  Although that may sound strange, he has been my baby for 3 years, so to see him in the role of a big brother is wonderful, but to see him shed the last remnants of his baby status was bittersweet.  He doesn't seem to be missing it at all, as he is constantly reminding us that he is a big boy and a big brother now.  In fact, if we happen to call him "the little man" he corrects us and says he is not the little man, Henry is. : )  And if we need an added reminder, we can look at this picture:
Yes, Charlie is definitely not the little man of the house, although Henry himself is topping the charts at 11lb 4oz (90th percentile) and 23 1/2" long (98th percentile!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment