Tuesday, April 3, 2012

GQ Cover Model 2035 (or A Vest for the Little Man)

Look at that. Just look at that little man modeling his new vest. He wears that vest like it was made for him...which it was! I've had this tutorial from the blog Make It and Love It on my radar for a while now, and finally got around to sewing it up! I used two pairs of my hubby's old work pants and drafted a pattern based on Ashley's instructions. Making the pattern and cutting the fabric were the most time-consuming (and boring, in my opinion) steps, but sewing it together was fun and I love how it turned out! I copped out and did not make it reversible, but I really like the grey fabric much more anyway, so I don't mind. Here are a few more gratuitous photos of Barley modeling his new vest--just in time for Easter. (And if you're wondering why I keep posting things I've made for Barley, don't worry, I am finishing up an Easter dress for Nenna and will post on that one next!)
Here it is buttoned up:
But I like it better open:
Oh yea, I should note here that I finally used this project as an excuse to tackle the buttonhole foot on my machine. I've been avoiding that one for years! It really wasn't that bad after all...I used the manual that came with the machine for help in conjunction with this video: http://prudentbaby.com/2012/02/video-posts/how-to-sew-a-buttonhole-video/ I'm glad I no longer have to avoid projects that require a buttonhole!

No comments:

Post a Comment