Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Our Weekend (with a little video too!)

Our weekend was pretty busy!  Sienna had her last swimming lesson and soccer game of the season.  While she will miss swimming, she was excited to see soccer come to a close.  : (    Sorry, Daddy!  Since I completely forgot to take a picture of her with her trophy, I will use the one from the fall season.  It gives the same effect.
She originally wanted to skip the last game altogether, but then remembered she would be getting a trophy haha!
Another exciting part of the weekend was my friend Raj's book launch party at a nearby cafe. She has just released her first young adult novel that is available as an e-book on Amazon.com.  Check it out here and visit her on her blog!   Raj is such a fun, genuine person to be friends with.  Her youngest daughter is friend's with Sienna and Raj and I instantly got along well and became fast friends.  I have just started her book and have to say it is very captivating and I can't wait to read more!
Although I don't have a photo to capture this, David and I had a dinner date with friends on Saturday night at a local pub.  This was the second time the two of us have left the house together alone since Henry was born!  It was really nice to go out, relax, and just have an uninterrupted meal! 

One of the highlights of the weekend was celebrating my Mom's birthday on Sunday.  My parents, sister and brother-in-law, brother and sister-in-law (does that make sense?) and three nieces all came over to eat, play, and have some cake!  We barbequed and everyone pitched in with sides and dessert.  The kids played really well together and ate their dinner picnic-style in the backyard because the weather was gorgeous.  The only snag was when my Dad threw a chicken wing at my Mom and got grease on her new shirt...but that's a long story.  : )  

This was the first time my nieces were meeting Henry, and it was so sweet to see them enjoy a little cuddle. 
This little one really loves babies!  I think she was the most excited to meet Henry and hold him.  She also held him the longest, and kept holding his little hands and feet and smiling down at him.  It was so sweet to watch.

Smiling at her Momma
 
My youngest niece just had a quick little hug and then was done!
 
Their bigger sister is the same age as Sienna.
 
She was super comfortable holding Henry, probably from her experience with having two little sisters!  It didn't take long for her to exercise the one-armed baby hold.  : )

All the grandkids with the birthday girl.  : )



Blowing out her candles on the delicious cake my sister made.  Notice the candles?  We realized the only number candles we had were a 1 and 3 so David thought it would be funny. My Mom appreciated it - you're only as old as you feel, right?
Here's a quick little video that touches upon one aspect of life as the third child.  David and the kids were having an impromptu jam session upstairs and what was Henry doing?  Watch and see: 
Sleeping like a baby.  : )

No comments:

Post a Comment