Saturday, June 29, 2013

Photo Catch-Up: Part 2

This spring, Sienna joined the Daisy Scouts troop (you saw her marching with them in the Memorial Day parade).  On June 13th they had their induction ceremony, which was really sweet.  Sienna was a flag bearer in the beginning of the presentation.  She looked very solemn and official while walking up the aisle with the flag, then settled into her typical demeanor.  : ) 

"On my honor, I will try, to serve God and my country, to help people at all times, and to live by the Girl Scout law"  -- taking the Girl Scout promise for the first time (which, surprisingly, has not changed since I was in Brownie Scouts!)
My favorite shot of the day (Sienna is with me and requested I write in pink, in case you were questioning the color change).


This is Sienna in a nutshell.  : )
 


Charlie's favorite part were the treats afterwards.
 
 
This next group of pictures is from Father's Day.  We all went to my sister and brother-in-law's house and had lunch together.
My brother-in-law, Charlie, my Dad, Sienna.  This is my Dad's usual assumed expression for photos...

But some people have a talent for making him smile!

 
I remember before Charlie was born, my Dad had been so completely enamored with Sienna, that he worried he would not give as much attention to our second.  Well, as you can see, even Henry receives lots of love and attention from Gigi (pronounced "jee jee") - as the kids call him.  And all of the kids absolutely adore him back.  He was sitting here with Henry, talking to him, for more than half an hour.

The conversation went a little like this:
"Hey, Dad, what are you doing?"
"I'm sitting in a chair, relaxing."
"I'm sitting too.  Ok, bye"
And many other similar "phone calls"; between each one Charlie would get up and run across the lawn and back-



#1 Dad with two of the greatest kids in the world (I'm not proud or anything).

I guess you could just reuse the caption from the above photo...   : )
Just a little FYI - what you can't see in this lovely little shot is that my Dad is standing on his tippy toes to get a little height advantage.  Sorry, Dad, the cat's out of the bag!

My sister and I inherited my Dad's silliness...and the love Japanese people have for using bunny ears in photos?
By the way, I promise my Mom was there, she just managed to avoid all the photos - except for one I took of her when she wasn't ready, which I kindly deleted, following her request.  

1 comment:

  1. Even though I saw you every day this week, I still loved seeing all these pics! Can I just say that I totally love your whole family!! yeah, i'm gush gush like that! :) So happy to be stuck with you! …. since our girls are growing up together! hugs, raj

    ReplyDelete